Safes are very important for keeping your personal records and documents protected. There are a variety of safes on the market but not all safes are fireproof.
When looking for a safe, it is very important to look at brands that are fireproof. In the event of a fire, a fireproof safe is the only way to guarantee that your documents are not damaged.
If you have a fireproof safe, there are certain documents that should be placed inside including personal information about you, your family, your home, and investments including:
- Birth certificates and passports for all of your family members
- Any insurance policies that you hold for the home, your vehicles, life insurance, and so forth
- Keys for safety deposit boxes or other secured properties that you own
- Anything relating to your investments including stocks, retirements, bank accounts and contact information
- Original social security cards for each member of your family
- Your own own personal will and wills of any of your family members
- Any power of attorney documents and healthcare proxy documents that you might hold
- At least onceCD, thumb drive, or hard copies of important family photos
- Any paperwork from the sale of a home including deed, title, and search and survey
- If you have debt from credit or loans, place the original documentation and terms of loans are placed in the safe
- All paperwork pertaining to health concerns or issues
S&S Fire Suppression Systems, Inc. provides automatic sprinklers, clean agent fire suppression, high and low expansion foam, fire detection and alarm systems, water mist and more.